Montag, 29. Oktober 2012

Der Interkulturelle Begegnungstag

(English: The intercultural meeting).

Jülich, 27. Oktober 2012. Learn indonesian and german culture through the eyes of the native. That was the theme of day. Three days ago I was still nervous thinking of the preparation for this big day, 85% thinking of the event, 15% of something else that's gonna happen in the event (if you know what I mean).But we managed it. The presentation from Lilian was awesome, we started 30 minutes late and the whole presentation took much longer than we thought, the audience loved it, and lots of facts presented which have made the audience agape. I find it though a bit embarassing that it had been stated several times that indonesians are not on time, since I've tried my best to be on time (since I live in Germany) :P However, I should agree with those good and bad facts of indonesian behaviors :) People were then invited to taste the indonesian "jajanan pasar"(snacks) like pisang aroma(I gotta find this again in December!), lumpia ayam,siomay goreng, risoles, bakwan, bolu kukus, pisang goreng. Then the workshop began, Darwin started with the angklung workshop. It was too fast I guess, I didn't know why.  I thought it's gonna be at least 30 minutes. But he did that good (we've practice on Friday night, gees!) and the audience enjoyed a lot, because they found out that it was easy and fun to play. Varun from India said that angklung is the first music instrument that he can play in his life :D After a short break came the saman workshop. I started with some introduction, then we showed the dance, taught the audience one kind of movement. They love it! We got even request to dance once more :)

For myself, I even learned lots of thing. I still have to learn more to make decisions. I can't generalize indonesian as unreliable, because those who have worked with me til the end of the day are people whom I can trust. The event was also really important, due to the fact that that was informal "proof", that I can lead people on my way, and not on somebody's way leading (which sometimes made me trully sick, because they pushed me to be like them and kinda convinced that with my way of leading people, I'm going to be a good leader). I realize that mine is not perfect. I believe as well, that  those people have learned so much in their life, and have never been a great leader that instantly, so please just let me learn from my mistakes and let me try to fix it rather than telling not to do this and that,which just made me scared to make my first step.

Nevertheless, I have to thank some people: Nandea Dewanta and Darwin Jahja, for all the time, energy and big big help. I couldn't do all the stuff on my own, I'm nothing without your help. Big big thanks! Lilian for the really nice presentation and for bringing up the mood of the public, especially  the ideas to make this day happened! KMKI to have lent me the angklungs. Alexander Peters to have helped a lot with stuffs and transporting the angklung to FH and from FH. Barbara Biel who trusted me to organize the day. Intan and Ola who helped with cooking.Saman and angklung-team: Nandea, Darwin, Aryanti, Ai, Aya, Intan,Ola, TR, Boma, Wicak. Mbak Erna, Tante Herni and Mbak Ira for preparing the foods. Ka Rizky for designing the pretty poster. I also like to thank everybody who came yesterday. I really appreciate it :) You made my day :D

For more photos you can find it here: http://www.ksgjuelich.de/2012/10/bilder-vom-interkulturellen-begegnungstag/

The video is as special thanks to Boedi :)

Keine Kommentare: