Samstag, 6. April 2013

RENT


An epic musical categorized as rock musical takes place in NYC, America in 1990's. It takes background of a group of people in New York's lower east side, who are struggling with HIV/AIDS. Music and lyrics are composed by Jonathan Larson, who died suddenly a day before the premiere.

It was starred by famous broadway artist like Adam Pascal, Anthony Rapp, Idina Menzel, Wilson Jermaine Heredia, and other artist like Rosario Dawson, Jesse L.Martin.

I would say, the story happens actually in the daily life, which is sometimes forgotten or invisible or doesn't pay one's attention. Mainly something that is described as taboo. Homosexuality, bisexuality, streapetease/ erotic dancer, HIV/AIDS, drugs. But those are packed in one nice touching story also about a strong friendship and love.

Should watch :)

".. I think they meant it when they said you can't buy love. Now I know you can rent it. 
A new lease you are my love, on life,all my life. 
 I've longed to discover something as true as this is..."

Keine Kommentare: