Donnerstag, 4. April 2013

St.Ursula's Easter Reunion

United Kingdom,the Netherlands met up in a small city of Germany named Jülich. (I think most will kill me because I trapped them in such a 'town').

Cindy and Jessica Novianti a.k.a Jenov were my highschool mates in Jakarta. Cindy is doing her master in New Castle and Jenov is about to finish her bachelor degree in Amsterdam. 

First we met up on good friday in Aachen, had lunch together also with Lionnie (maybe the future sister-in-law of Cindy), visited good friday's procession in Aachener Dom *I'll keep my mouth shut, Cin hahaa*, went through forest on our way to Dreiländerpunkt without reaching the Dreiländerpunkt itself *shame on me* then went to Jülich.

Vapiano
Nobis Bakery, Printen Shop
on the way to Dreiländerpunkt
On the next day we planned to visit Dom of Cologne, Liebesbrücke (Bridge of Love), and the easter night market in Deutzer side, visit the mass in Mauritius Kirche at 9 p.m and to see the easter firework on Rhein. But then we saw that the firework would be held at 9.30 p.m which we predict that we're still in the church. Alternatively we could take the mass at the Dom at 10.30 p.m but then be at home at around 3 a.m. We have promised Lionnie to come to Easter celebration in Aachen at 10.30 a.m, which meant we have to get up early. So, we decided to go back to Jülich and visit the mass there at 9 p.m. The mass was ok, then we stayed for sometime next to the easter fire. Luzia was really nice to bring us home. 
Kölner Dom
Hauptbahnhof
Liebesbrücke
Osterkirmes
Jenov n Cindy

After arriving home Jenov and Cindy were still busy with the ticket back to Amsterdam. At 2 a.m we stopped and decided to sleep. My alarm clock rang at 7 a.m. But I feel like don't want to get up. I felt some how strange, because I'm used to 5-hour-sleep until Jenov said at around 8, that it was still 7 a.m on my clock. We realized then that we didn't recognize the change of summer time.Anyhow, it was difficult to get up and get dressed but finally we managed it. Bu Uki picked us up, then up to Aachen to Lighthouse at 8.30 a.m. The event started actually at 10.30 but we were asked to help preparing brunch. It was an awesome brunch!! I couldn't stop starring at foods, it was so beautiful decorated and delicious. We were full :) Then we were attending the ceremony, in which almost singing all the time. Afterwards some students accompanied Jenov, Cindy and me looking around Aachen. They went home at 5.32 p.m. 






Thanks a lot for Cindy and Jenov, who fulfilled my easter :)

Photos: Felicia Primadita

Keine Kommentare: