Montag, 26. Dezember 2011

Time 2 Celebrate!!

Hi all, merry christmas and happy new year!
I was celebrating christmas at Judith's place yesterday night until today midday. It is just so nice having somebody to celebrate Christmas with. Her parents are so kind and warm-hearted people, his uncle is just loveable despite his disability.

Well, this is my first time celebrating christmas with german family. I need more preparation, at least presents. Judith helped me, though, consider giving what to who. I arrived in Euskirchen around half past three, was picked up by Judith at the bus station. I introduced myself soon I arrived her place. Then I was shown the room, which I can sleep in. We sat in the living room, listened to part of "Maria's Little Donkey" and listened Josef (Judith's uncle) talking on the phone. We drove to the church at half past four. The church was quite full already. However, the mass was nice, at least I could sing almost all of the songs. We went home afterwards and had dinner together. Maria (Judith's mom) said that the food isn't german typically, but it's still something, since in Indonesia we have never had dinner at home and my mom have never cooked on Dec 24th.

While waiting Maria clean up the dishes, I played some round with my guitar, which have been thought by Gregor in the last course. Quite helpful :) Josef was singing with us the part of the song, at the rest of the songs he was looking to ähm I don't know what. Anyway I could see that he was quite entertained. Then we sat in the family room and looked for what we got for christmas. Josef had really big eyes for presents, he got the most, but got easily distracted by others' presents. So, Maria and Judith had to help him, otherwise he didn't open any of his presents. He was quite surprised that I also gave him something and told everybody on the phone that I gave him a german-volksong-CD. oh ya, and you know what? He called me "schöne schwarze Haare" (pretty black hair) when I played the guitar... :)) and ähm, he gave him a great big hug today, which I didn't expect.

I learn something from this christmas.
Christmas is not only for yourself, but it's how to make somebody happy, joyful to be with you.Small thing can even mean a huge thing for the others and through their happiness you will find yourself somehow in a really peaceful and satisfied condition. That's christmas: tun was gutes (doing something good)

By the way, I went to an indonesian mass in Cologne and played gospels and christmas songs there :)

Last but not at least, Alexander and his team from KSG finally finished their video project: Time 2 Celebrate. Here they are!!
Judith and I couldn't stop laughing, when we saw this. It's just funny to see ourself on a video, which is posted in Youtube. Hi guys, we're now in youtube ;) We like it pretty much though. Big applause for Alexander and his team. and once more:
Merry christmas!

Keine Kommentare: